Buffalo Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
November 14, 2022
Looking for a delicious vegan side dish for Friendsgiving? These buffalo chickpea and farro stuffed sweet potatoes will be the perfect tasty dish you’ve been searching for!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned), rinsed and patted dry with paper towel; discard loose skins
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup farro, cooked (feel free to sub brown rice, quinoa, etc.)
- ½ cup Good Foods Buffalo Dip
- Optional toppings: ranch, fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork several times around the potato. Place on prepared pan. Add chickpeas to pan and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake 20-30 minutes checking on chickpeas. Remove chickpeas from pan once they are crispy but not burned. Continue baking sweet potatoes for a total of 45-60 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add shallot, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes or until shallot is softened. Remove from heat.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven; let cool 5 minutes then slice in half lengthwise. Scoop the insides out and into a bowl (leaving about ½ inch of potato around edges of skin). Coat skins with 1 tbsp olive oil and place back on pan and bake 10-15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine shallot mixture filling from sweet potatoes, farro, chickpeas and Good Foods Buffalo Dip in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
- Once potatoes are done, stuff the middle with the filling. Drizzle vegan ranch and top with cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Post a Comment