Sweet Potato Nourish Bowl
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 cups salad greens, chopped
- 3 cups quinoa cooked (1 cup dry)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (rotisserie works well, skip chicken for a vegetarian dish)
- Slivered almonds (optional garnish)
Avocado Tahini Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 pkg Good Foods Avocado Mash
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, red onion, coconut oil, garlic, thyme and black pepper in a medium sized bowl and toss to combine. Add to pan and bake 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, tahini, Good Foods Avocado Mash, basil, mint, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, water. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble bowls equally with salad greens, quinoa, chicken, sweet potatoes and top with avocado tahini dressing. Garnish with slivered almonds.